Under the blessing invitation of H.E President Ali Abdullah Saleh of Yemen, a dialogue took place between H.E Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed, president of Somalia and H.E Sharif Hasan Sheikh, the Speaker of the Transitional Federal Parliament of Somalia. They held direct talks and dialogue which took place in Aden during January 2-4, 2006.
The president of Federal Republic of Somalia and the speaker of the parliament:
- Conscious of the primary importance of the national interest of the Somali people over any other issue.
- Deeply behaving in the pursuance of the dialogue started under the auspices of H.E Saleh with the view of reconciling the differences of opinion among the members of the institutions of the state;
- Guided by the provisions of the Transitional Federal Charter of Somalia;
- Believing that all sacrifices and unlimited efforts should further be made to restore security and stability in Somalia;
- Considering and showing full response to the relentless efforts of H.E Saleh to ensure that Yemen
- Of all divergences which have existed among the Transitional Federal Institutions of the State;
- Have agreed to issue this declaration, with the following provisions:
1. That both leaders have reached to start a new page and end their differences, which have brought serious damage to the discharge of the duties and responsibilities of the institutions, in an spirit of cooperation on which the Somali people were spinning their highest hopes.
2. That both leaders have agreed the necessity that interactive coordination among the organs of the state should be based fully on the total respect of the principles and norms of the Transitional Federal charter, in a manner characterized by constant consultations and respect to the constitutional separation of powers.
3. That the Transitional Federal Parliament should be called upon for an official session that shall be held within 30 days from today, inside the country in a venue to be agreed upon.
4. That both leaders jointly call upon the members of the Parliament and Government to put aside their fruitless squabbles and differences, urging them to unite, placing the supreme interest of the nation above other interests, while appealing to them, for their full cooperation in fulfilling the provisions of this declaration.
5. That the International Community fully supports the efforts to convene the first ordinary session of the Parliament to be held inside the country.
The President of the Somali Republic and the Speaker of the Parliament of the TFP, address jointly a vibrant appeal to the Somali people to contribute towards the implementation of self-disarmament, putting to an end to their conflicts and differences using all peaceful means of mutual respect and dialogue.
They also appeal to the International Community to extend an emergency aid to areas and regions of Somalis which are now suffering from severe drought.
The president of Somalia and the speaker of the TFP (Transitional Federal Parliament ), jointly address , on behalf of the Somali people ,deep thanks and gratitude to H.E. Ali Abdulla Saleh for the brotherly role he has displayed in a sincerely effort to solve the protracting crises that the Somali people had been confronted with.